Terms & Conditions
Safelink Internet’s dedication to customer service means that Safelink Internet strives to maintain an Internet Service that provides Safelink Internet customers with an enjoyable Internet experience, which in part means an experience that is free from interference by persons who use the Service in an improper or unlawful manner. The following Terms and Conditions are part of the Customer Agreement. If you restrict or inhibit any other Customers’ use or enjoyment of the Service by engaging in any of the activities prohibited in Section 8, Safelink Internet may suspend or terminate your account. As explained in this Customer Agreement, use of Safelink Internet’s Service must be governed by all applicable Local, State, Country and International laws and regulations. In addition to other applicable laws, this includes all laws relating to copyright, trademark, obscenity, defamation, the right of privacy, false advertising and fraud. In addition to such laws and regulations, when using the Service you must use your best efforts to avoid interfering with any other person’s use and enjoyment of the Service. You must also ensure that your use of the Service is governed by the rules of proper Internet conduct. Please use your best judgment, be respectful of other subscribers and take the time to review the Terms and Conditions of this agreement. The activities listed in section 7 are not proper Internet conduct and are prohibited activities on Safelink Internet’s Service.
1.DEFINITION OF TERMS
- Safelink. Safelink Internet, LLC. Safelink Internet Service.
- Service. Safelink Internet Access Service, Electronic-mail Service, Wireless Access Service, Filtering Service and any other service(s) offered by Safelink to customer(s).
- You. Customer(s). Person(s) agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, including any individual(s) or companies that use, access, post, e-mail, publish or contact Safelink or its Customer(s).
2. COMMUNICATING ELECTRONICALLY WITH SAFELINK
We may be required to provide certain disclosures, notices and communications (collectively “Communications”) to you in written form. We will most often deliver such Communications to you in electronic form. Your agreement to these Terms confirms your ability and consent to receive such Communications electronically and for all lawful purposes as required by the FCC or under the Telephone Communication Protection Act of 1991 and any subsequent amendments (TCPA).
You consent to receive electronically all Communications that we may provide you in connection with your Safelink Internet account and your use of the Services. Communications include but are not limited to:
- agreements and policies related to the Services, including updates to those agreements and policies;
- payment authorizations and transaction receipts or confirmations;
- questionnaires and marketing materials relating to Safelink Internet products and services or those of our affiliates;
- account statements and history; and
- all other communications or documents related to or about your account, your purchases, changes to the Services or the rates and fees we charge in connection with the Services, and your use of the Services.
Communications will be considered to be received by you upon delivery in any of the following manners:
- posting them to your online account;
- posting them on or in the Safelink Internet Website;
- emailing them to the email address associated with your account;
- communicating them to you via text message;
- communicating them to you via a mobile application; or
- otherwise communicating them to you via the Services.
- To access and retain electronic Communications, you will need to maintain or have access to the following computer hardware and software at your own expense:
- a computer or mobile device with Internet or mobile connectivity;
- software capable of opening PDF documents;
- access to the valid email address you used to create your Safelink Internet and;
- sufficient storage space to save Communications or a printer to print them.
By consenting to this Policy, you confirm that you are able to meet the above requirements, and that you can receive, open, and print or save any Communications for your records. You should maintain copies of electronic Communications by printing paper copies or saving electronic copies, as applicable. Also, you may contact Safelink Internet to request another electronic copy of a Communication.
3. CONSENT TO RECEIVE TELEPHONE CALLS AND TEXT MESSAGES FROM SAFELINK INTERNET AND ITS AFFILIATES
On occasion, Safelink Internet or its affiliates may seek to contact you by telephone or SMS text message at the landline and/or wireless phone numbers that you have provided to us. These communications may be about your Safelink Internet account, responses to inquiries that you have made to us, or for other purposes, including marketing messages about other goods or services provided by Safelink Internet or its affiliates. Your consent authorizes us to do so under the TCPA. These SMS text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system and may include the use of prerecorded messages. Please note that you may be responsible for any charges from your telephone provider for these calls or SMS text messages.
If you do not wish to receive these optional calls and SMS text messages, you do not have to do so. Your consent to receiving these calls and SMS text messages is not required in order to purchase or receive any Safelink Internet Services. To revoke your consent to receive telephone calls and SMS text messages, please let us know. The easiest way is by changing your settings in your account, or by calling our Customer Relations Team at 1-208-677-8000.
4. ELIGIBILITY FOR SAFELINK INTERNET SERVICES
You may apply for Safelink Internet Services online at www.safelinkinternet.com. Although we hope to make Safelink Internet available to as many people as possible as quickly as we can, Safelink Internet reserves the right to determine whether any Services are made available to a particular address.
If Safelink Internet determines that the address at which you receive Services is not a residential address, Safelink Internet may require you to transition to another type of account in order to continue receiving the Services. This transition may include an increase in any fee for the Services.
5. SAFELINK INTERNET INSTALLATION
You agree to provide Safelink Internet with all necessary access to the premises at the address where you sign up for Services to be installed (referred to as “your residence” below) so that the equipment necessary for you to receive the Services may be installed and configured. You agree that Safelink Internet may install equipment on the exterior and interior of your residence (including but not limited to laying underground conduit and/or affixing equipment to the outside of your residence) at any reasonable location. You also agree that Safelink Internet may use, and that you have the necessary permissions to approve Safelink Internet’s use of, existing facilities, including existing wiring in and around your residence, to complete the installation services and to maintain or upgrade the Service as necessary.
If you rent or otherwise do not own your residence, you represent and warrant that you are authorized by the property owner to order Safelink Internet installation, and you acknowledge that you may be asked to provide written evidence that you have received all permissions necessary for Safelink Internet to perform installation services. If Safelink Internet incurs any costs or losses, including attorneys’ fees, because you did not get the necessary authorization(s) for Safelink Internet to install the equipment required for the Services, you are responsible for reimbursing Safelink Internet for those costs or losses.
Acceptance of these Terms does not guarantee that Safelink Internet will install or provide any Services. We may need a separate agreement or easement with you or your landlord in order to install the Services.
Note that the Over-the-Air Reception Devices (OTARD) limits what restrictions a landlord, HOA, or other entity can place on your ability to install internet service.
You agree to pay any and all applicable fees for the Services you purchase, whether ordered by you, someone authorized by you or someone with access to the Services pursuant to your Safelink Internet account.
- You agree to pay all charges incurred. Charges shall be invoiced monthly and payment shall be due 20 days from the date of the invoice.
- You will pay all sales and use taxes, as well as duties or levies, including any long distance phone charges arising in connection with the Service.
This agreement commences upon activation of service by Safelink and remains in effect for the selected rate plan period. Once the contract period has been met the term of the service for each customer connection is thirty (30) days and shall automatically renew for successive 1-monthterms at customer’s current plan rate.
You may terminate this agreement upon thirty (30) days advance written notice by completing the cancelation form located at www.safelinkinternet.com/cancel. If you agreed to a service plan that had a minimum term commitment and terminates prior to completion of that term, an early termination fee will be applied to the account. The termination fee will be equal to 50% of the monthly plan’s price multiplied by the number of remaining months in the agreement, or the price of installation that was waived at time of signup, whichever is less. Safelink shall have the right to suspend or terminate this agreement at any time without prior notice. You also agree that Safelink has the right to delete all data, files or other information that resides or is stored on SafeLink’s hardware, if your account with Safelink is terminated, for any reason, by either Safelink or you.
9. EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE PROVIDED OR NOT PROVIDED BY SAFELINK
- Safelink shall install equipment and/or software for operation and maintenance of service at your location. The equipment and any license fees associated with software installed at your location remains the property of Safelink and will be returned to Safelink within (30) days of service termination.
- You shall be responsible for the use and compatibility of equipment or software not provided by Safelink. If your personal equipment or software impairs your use of the Service, you shall nonetheless be liable for payment of the Service. Upon notice from Safelink that your personal equipment or software is causing or is likely to cause hazard, interference, or service obstruction, you shall immediately pursue a way to correct the issue or potential issue.
- You shall pay Safelink to troubleshoot difficulties, repair or reconfigure equipment or software not provided by Safelink or for issued or damage caused by you.
- You authorize Safelink Internet to install software upgrades on any equipment provided by Safelink Internet. You also agree not to use the Safelink Internet-owned equipment for any purpose other than using the Services
10. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF SAFELINK; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- Safelink shall operate and maintain the service. You shall be responsible for maintaining your own equipment and software that interfaces with the service.
- You understand that you and your authorized users may access the Internet through the service. You assume total responsibility and risk for all authorized users’ use of the Service and the Internet. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all options, advice, services, the quality of all merchandise, and other information, provided through the Service or on the Internet generally.
- You understand further that the Internet contains unedited materials, some of which are sexually explicit or may be offensive to some people. You and authorized users’ access such materials at your own risk. Safelink has no control and accepts no responsibility whatsoever for such materials.
- The service is provided on an “as is” basis and “as available” basis and Safelink does not warrant against any loss or damage as the result of interruption of service. No advice or information given by Safelink, its affiliates or contractors, or their respective employees shall create a warranty. Neither Safelink nor its affiliates warrants that the Service shall be uninterrupted or error-free or that any information, software or other material accessible on the service is free of virus or other harmful components.
- Under no circumstances shall Safelink, its affiliates or its contractors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special punitive or consequential damages that result in any way from your reliance on or use of information, services or merchandise provided on or through the Service.
- If you are is dissatisfied with the Service or with any terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or practices of Safelink in operating the service, your sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate this agreement in accordance with Section 4 of this agreement and the Safelink Satisfaction Guarantee and discontinue using the Service.
- Safelink has no obligation to monitor the Service. However, you agree that Safelink has the right to monitor the service electronically from time to time and to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate the Service properly, or to protect itself or its Customers. Safelink reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that, in its sole discretion, are unacceptable, undesirable, or in violation of this agreement.
11. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF CUSTOMER
For purposes of the Rights and Obligations of Customer and Prohibited Activities, the term “information” means material of any type capable of being posted or transmitted on or through the Service, including material in print, graphic or pictorial form. You shall not restrict or inhibit any other user from accessing and enjoying the Service. You shall not post or transmit any unlawful, obscene or pornographic information of any kind including and not limited to any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any Local, State, Country, or International law. You shall not post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, worm, cancelbot, or other harmful components. You shall not copy, upload, post, publish, transmit, produce, or distribute in anyway, information, software or other material which is protected by a copyright or other proprietary right, without obtaining permission from the copyright or other proprietary right, without obtaining permission from the copyright owner or right holder to do so.
If you are using the Services in a residence or other location you do not own or control (such as a rental, hospital, hotel, etc.), you may have agreements related to the Services with property owners, managers, or other third parties outside these Terms; Safelink Internet is not a party to such agreements and therefore is not responsible for nor bound by such agreements.
13. RESALE AND REDISTRIBUTION
Services are intended for the personal use of you and other occupants and guests within your residence. You agree not to resell or repackage the Services or otherwise make them available to anyone outside of your residence.
Safelink Internet makes an effort to keep its network secure, but no network security is perfect. While Safelink Internet may provide technical assistance to you, you are responsible for implementing appropriate security measures when using the Services, including taking whatever steps are necessary to ensure that your data is not accessed by unauthorized third parties. Safelink Internet is not responsible for any damages to users of the Services that may be caused by unauthorized third parties.
15. CHANGING AND CANCELING SERVICES; TERMINATION
- You may change or cancel the Services at any time in accordance with the terms and conditions of section 7 and 8 above. In addition, you may be required to pay for fees that may have been waived when you signed up for the Service. You may also be required to return all equipment provided by Safelink Internet. If you do not return this equipment, you may be required to pay a replacement fee.
- When you change your Service by upgrading or downgrading your package, the fees will be prorated based upon the date that your Service changes.
- If you request cancellation of all your Services, your Services will be available until the cancellation date you select. Once your service is disconnected, a credit for the remaining portion of the current billing cycle will be applied towards any remaining balance. Your Safelink Internet account will not be terminated until all billing obligations are resolved. If there is a credit balance at the time your account is terminated, it will be refunded to you following the next billing cycle.
- Safelink Internet reserves the right to terminate some or all of the Services it provides to you at any time, in its sole discretion without notice.
16. RECOURSES AND FEES
Customer(s) or authorized user(s) that exceed the designated usage of their respective accounts or engage in any conduct or activity that Safelink in its sole discretion believes violates any of the Terms and Conditions of this agreement will, at the sole discretion of Safelink:
- Incur up to a $100 per hour charge, or a $1000 per incident charge, whichever is greater.
- Be subject to immediate account termination.
- Agree to pay for all equipment and/or software provided by Safelink and not returned to Safelink within thirty (30) days of service.
- Agrees to pay all reasonable cost incurred by Safelink Internet for handling and processing all violations, including all legal, accounting, technical and any other applicable cost and/or charges.
SafeLink’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this agreement shall not be constructed as any waiver of any provision or right.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Idaho, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. Any cause of action of the customer may have with respect to the service must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises or such claims or cause of action is barred.
18. OUR WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMERS
We provide the Services using a commercially reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that you will enjoy using them. But there are certain things that we don’t promise about the Services.
OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS OR IN A SEPARATE AGREEMENT PROVIDED TO YOU BY SAFELINK INTERNET OR AN AGENT THEREOF, NEITHER SAFELINK NOR ITS SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED TO YOU BY SAFELINK INTERNET, ITS DISTRIBUTORS OR SUPPLIERS. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON’T MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTION OF THE EQUIPMENT OR SERVICES, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES AND EQUIPMENT “AS IS.”
SOME JURISDICTIONS PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIKE THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES.
Liability for our Services
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF SAFELINK INTERNET, AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, FOR ANY CLAIMS UNDER THESE TERMS, INCLUDING FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US TO USE THE SERVICES (OR, IF WE CHOOSE, TO SUPPLYING YOU THE SERVICES AGAIN).
IN ALL CASES, SAFELINK INTERNET, AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE.
WHEN PERMITTED BY LAW, SAFELINK INTERNET, AND SAFELINK INTERNET’S SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR DATA, FINANCIAL LOSSES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
19. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may modify these Terms to, for example, reflect changes to the law or changes to our Services and by acceptance of services you agree to be bound by any modification. You should look at the Terms regularly. We’ll post notice of modifications to these terms on this page. Changes will not apply retroactively. However, changes addressing new functions for a Service, changes regarding the launch of a new Service, or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. If you do not agree to the modified terms for a Service, you should discontinue your use of that Service and contact us to change or terminate your Services.