Safelink Internet Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with Safelink Internet. It is intended to help enhance the use of the Internet by preventing unacceptable use. It is not a “terms of service” or a billing guideline. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document Safelink Internet may suspend or terminate your account. By accessing the service, you agree to be bound by this policy, If you do not wish to be bound by this AUP, You may not access or use the service.
Safelink Internet’s Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) for Safelink Internet Services is designed to help protect Safelink Internet, Safelink Internet’s customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by Safelink Internet. Safelink Internet reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting at https://safelinkinternet.com/AUP and your use of service shall constitute acceptance and agreement to be bound by the terms of the policy.
Safelink Internet reserves the right in its sole discretion to deny or restrict your use of the Services, or to immediately suspend or terminate your Services, if the use of the Services by you or others, in Service Provider’s sole discretion violates this AUP, your Terms of Service or any other Safelink Internet policies, is objectionable or unlawful, or interferes with the functioning or use of the Internet or the network.
Prohibited Uses of Safelink Internet Systems and Services
This section is used to address actions, content or activities that are prohibited by law and by rules established by Safelink Internet. Safelink Internet reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected illegal activity or civil wrong. Activities or misuse of Services, including the misuse of email, considered by Safelink Internet to be a violation of this AUP are as follows, but are not limited to:
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Excess Utilization of Network Resources. You agree not to use the Service or take any action, directly or indirectly, that will result in excessive consumption or utilization of the system or network resources, or which may weaken network performance, as determined in SafeLink’s sole discretion. The excessive use or abuse of SafeLink’s network resources by one subscriber may have a negative impact on all other subscribers. Such prohibited actions include, but are not limited to: using the Service to host a web server site which attracts excessive traffic at your location, continuously uploading or downloading streaming video or audio, Usenet hosting, or continuous FTP uploading or downloading. In the event that you violate the terms of this provision, Safelink may, without limitation, restrict your access to SafeLink’s Network, increase the fees associated with your Service, including upgrading you to a higher class of service, or immediately suspend or terminate your service. In the event of termination of your Service, all applicable termination charges will apply.
- Defamation and Fraud. You agree not to post or transplant any fraudulent information on or through the Service including and not limited to any information that is inflammatory with respect to a person, business or other entity, product or service or any information that you know or have reason to believe has faults and is intended for others to rely on or is legally slanderous, libel or defamatory.
- False Advertising. You agree not to post or transplant, on or through the Service, any advertising or promotional materials that contain faults, deceptive or misleading statements, claims or representations.
- Unsolicited Electronic-mail or SPAM. You agree not to post, publish, send or relay unsolicited electronic-mail originating from SafeLink’s Service or attempt to deliver such unsolicited electronic-mail to Safelink Customers.
- Unsolicited Advertising. You agree not to post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other forms of solicitation to other subscribers, individuals or entities, except in those areas “e.g. the classified areas” that are designed for such purposes.
- Harassment, Threats, and Abuse. You agree not to use the Service to harass, threaten, abuse, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to any person or entity, by any means, including the use of vulgar, hateful, racial, ethical or otherwise objectionable information.
- False Pretenses. You agree not to use the Service to impersonate any person, including but not limited to, a Safelink Internet official or an information provider, guide or host, or communicate under a false name or a name that you are not entitled or authorized to use in all forms of online communication, including but not limited to, screenings, subscriber profiles, chat dialogue, return electronic-mail addresses, electronic-mail headers and message posting.
- The posting, transmission, downloading or viewing of any material pornographic in nature involving actual images of children or minors or digitally or otherwise artificially created or manipulated images of children or minors, or any material whatsoever that may be deemed obscene under applicable law.
- The posting, distribution, storage or transmission of material, information or communications that are obscene, sadistic, cruel, or racist in content, or of a sexually explicit or graphic nature; or which advocates, promotes or incites bigotry, hatred, harassment, terrorism or racism; that might be legally actionable for any reason.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
- Introducing viruses, worms, harmful code and/or Trojan horses on the Internet.
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Violations of Service Providers’ Rules. You agree not to use the Service to violate any operating rule, policy or guideline of any other online service provider, business or entity.
- Abuse of Safelink Internet Procedures. You agree not to make false or unverified complaints against any Safelink Internet subscriber.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any Safelink Internet customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Using the Services to participate in activities and/or services prohibited by federal, state or local law.
- Using Safelink Internet’s Services to interfere with the use of the Safelink Internet network by other customers or authorized users.
System and Network Security
Violations of system or network security are prohibited and may result in criminal and civil liability. Safelink Internet will investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve and will cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Examples of system or network security violations include, without limitation, the following:
- Port scanning, probes, data capture, denial of service, and access of restricted systems.
- Attempted access of systems not previously given access to.
- Any form of “hacking” or “cracking” of the systems, network or users.
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, including any attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network, or account (hacking, cracking, port scans, or flood pings).
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic.
- Interfering with service to any user, host, system or network.
- Conducting denial of service attacks.
- Any attempt to disrupt Services including, but not limited to, distributing or introducing viruses, worms, or other harmful software.
- Creating an active, full-time connection on an account.
- Access by using artificial means, involving software, programming, or any other method.
Safe practices need to be taken by the users to protect themselves and others including, without limitation, the following:
- Users are responsible for account passwords and should keep them safe.
- Do NOT share account information, usernames or passwords.
- Do NOT leave username and passwords in the open.
- Users are responsible for obtaining, maintaining, updating and protecting their own equipment and software necessary to use the Services. Anti-virus software and personal firewalls are strongly encouraged.
- Users are responsible for any misuse of Services that occurs through user’s account, even if that misuse was not authorized by the user.
- Users are responsible for protecting their accounts and must take steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to user’s account.
- Users are responsible for the back-up and restoration of their data.
- Users are responsible for the reasonable care and protection of equipment leased or provided by Safelink.
Violations and Monitoring
Safelink Internet does not intend to actively monitor the content of web sites, e-mail, news groups, or material created or accessible over its services. However, Safelink Internet reserves the right to monitor such services or any services on or within our network at any time and your use of services constitutes a waiver of all privacy claims or objections.
Violations, attempted violations, and/or concerns should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.